Team: No. 6 Wyndham Rewards Ford Mustang
Crew Chief: Scott Graves
Twitter: @Roush6Team, @RoushFenway and @RyanJNewman
Food City 500 – Sunday, April 7 at 2 p.m. ET on FS1, PRN, SiriusXM Channel 90
Newman at Bristol Motor Speedway
· Newman will make his 35th Cup start at Bristol on Sunday. In
34 prior events, Newman has 18 top-10 finishes with two top-fives and
an average finish of 15.7.
· Newman’s best result at the half-mile track came back in
2004 when he finished second. He also crossed the line fifth in 2015.
In the past eight races at Bristol, Newman has only one finish outside
the top-15 with five top-10s.
· In the last four spring races along, Newman has an average
finish of 9.5 with results of 10th (2018), 14th (2017), ninth (2016)
and fifth (2015).
· Newman has three career Cup poles at The World’s Fastest
Half Mile and an average start of 12.2 He led the field to green in
2003, 2004 and again in 2011.
· Newman also has an additional nine starts in the Xfinity and
Truck series combined, winning in Xfinity action back in 2005. He
earned the pole for the 2006 race and finished 10th or better in five
Xfinity starts there. He also started from the top spot in 2009 in the
No. 2 truck before finishing fourth.
· Additionally, Newman has seven starts at Bristol in the
NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, where he won twice (2010, 2011).
Scott Graves at Bristol Motor Speedway
· Graves will call his seventh MENCS race at Bristol on
Sunday. In six prior events, Graves has a best finish of 11th with
Daniel Suarez in 2018.
· Graves has called seven Xfinity Series events at Bristol
dating back to 2012, recording one top five (Chris Buescher – 2015)
and two additional top-10s (Buescher – 2014, Suarez – 2016).
Newman on racing at Bristol:
“Bristol is a tough and physical race but an exciting show that we
always put on for the fans. We got back on track last weekend in Texas
and we’re looking to continue that to this week. We’ve made some
changes in our short track cars, so I’m anxious to see what we’ve got
once we unload Friday in our Wyndham Rewards Ford Mustang.”