Relationship stems from Earnhardt’s affinity for eBay; partnership will help auto enthusiasts engage with the things they need and love, raise funds for the Dale Earnhardt Jr. Foundation
eBay announced a new partnership with racing star and avid eBay shopper Dale Earnhardt Jr. to share in Earnhardt’s passion for all things automotive. The multifaceted collaboration is a natural extension of Earnhardt’s love of eBay, which he admits helps feed his addiction to racing history. The new partnership will also give back to the community through The Dale Jr. Foundation.
Part of this infatuation with racing history includes passionately collecting and reading stock car magazines dating back to 1966, which he sources from eBay. Earnhardt says, “eBay’s been an outlet for my passion around racing and the history of the sport for years. I’m excited to share my favorite finds and let people take a peek at my personal collection of cars on eBay Garage.” Through the eBay iPad app Earnhardt says he is able to truly customize and tailor his shopping experience, adding, “I can stay in touch with the things I need and love wherever I am in the world.”
Earnhardt is also a devoted collector of vinyl records, vintage memorabilia, and footwear.
“We believe fans will relate to the excitement Dale Jr. feels toward the sport on and off the track,” said Bryan Murphy, head of eBay Motors. “We are looking forward to helping auto enthusiasts connect with the things they need and love on eBay the same way Dale Jr. does.”
The multi-faceted partnership kicks off on May 28th and includes:
- The eBay Car: Earnhardt will drive the No. 88 eBay Chevrolet in NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Michigan International Speedway on June 14.
- Earnhardt’s Garage: Fans can peek at Earnhardt’s personal car collection on eBay Garage, eBay Motors’ online community and personalization platform for car fanatics. Check out Dale Jr.’s garage here and don’t forget to check out a few of his favorite rides on his eBay Garage profile – 1965 Impala; 1973 Camaro; 2004 Silverado
- Win a Chevy, Meet Dale Jr., Give Back: Fans who create an eBay Garage profile will have the chance to win a 2014 Chevy Camaro and Dale Earnhardt will personally hand the keys to the winner. For every person that signs up for the Garage for Good program, a dollar will be donated to the Dale Jr. Foundation (i) between now and June 30. Check out eBay Garage & enter the Garage for Good Sweepstakes here
- Dale’s Collections: Check out collections of items that Dale Jr. shops for on eBay – everything from his favorite vinyl records to hard-to-find books and diecasts. Check out Dale Jr.’s eBay Collections here
- Stay Tuned for More: Additional, excusive programs will be announced over the coming months.
(i) Denotes Up to $25,000 dollars
As one of the largest online marketplaces for selling all things automotive, eBay Motors is constantly developing new and unique ways to help auto fans connect with what matters most to them. This includes the ability to find the exact auto part they are searching for, to finding inspiration for their next car project or purchase. The partnership with Earnhardt is an extension of that mission, enabling racing and car lovers to engage with Earnhardt via eBay as they might if they had the opportunity to meet him on the track.
About eBay Motors
eBay Motors, a part of eBay Inc., is one of the world’s largest online marketplace for buying and selling all things automotive anytime, anywhere. eBay Motors offers everyday cars for everyday drivers, as well as collector cars, motorcycles, auto parts and accessories. More than 5 million new and used vehicles have been sold on eBay Motors, and there are more than 44 million automotive parts and accessories available on eBay Motors at any given time. In the U.S., a car and truck is bought every six minutes through eBay mobile apps.