Event/Date: U.S. Cellular 250 – August 2, 2014
Venue: Iowa Speedway
News & Notes:
- This Week’s U.S. Cellular Toyota … Wallace will pilot RAB Racing chassis No. 42 inSaturday’s U.S. Cellular 250 at Iowa Speedway.
- Wallace Returns … Thanks to the support of U.S. Cellular, Wallace will return to the seat of RAB Racing’s No. 29 Toyota Camry. This race marks Wallace’s first Nationwide Series start of 2014 and first since his historic 900th start at Chicagoland Speedway in September 2013.
- Welcome Back … RAB Racing welcomes back U.S. Cellular as a partner this weekend at Iowa Speedway. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, U.S. Cellular is the sixth largest wireless telecommunications network in the United States serving about 4.6 million customers in 126 markets. U.S. Cellular has a strong lineup of cutting-edge devices that are all backed by its high-speed nationwide network that has the highest call quality of any national carrier. Currently, 61 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds and 87 percent will have access by the end of 2013. U.S. Cellular was named a J.D. Power and Associates Customer Service Champion in 2012 for the second year in a row. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.
- Wallace at Iowa… Wallace has competed at the Newton venue six times in the past, boasting three top-10 finishes and a near perfect lap completion record of 99.5%.
- Rice at Iowa … Crew chief of the No. 29 Toyota Camry Chris Rice has sat atop the pit box at Iowa Speedway five times since 2009 accumulating top-10 finishes with drivers Alex Bowman and Wallace.
- RAB Racing at Iowa … RAB Racing with Brack Maggard has competed in 11 Nationwide Series events at Iowa Speedway since their inaugural year of competition in 2009. RAB Racing scored their best finish of sixth in 2011 with Wallace. Additionally, RAB Racing has notched four top ten and six top 20 finishes.
- Meet Kenny… Fans can meet Wallace on Friday, August 1st from 1:00-1:20 p.m. and onSaturday, August 2nd from 1:10-2:00 p.m. at the U.S. Cellular Display.
- Catch the Action … Saturday’s U.S. Cellular 250 at Iowa Speedway will be televised liveSaturday, August 2nd beginning at 8:00 p.m. EST on ESPN and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network.
- Get Social … Don’t miss any updates from Wallace and RAB Racing. Follow them on Twitter @Kenny_Wallace and @RAB_Racing.
Kenny Wallace Quotes: “I am once again ready to go! Although it’s my first race of the season, I’ve been racing an awful lot recently. It’s like riding a bicycle; you never forget and I’ll be up to speed right away. Iowa is a good track for me and I can’t wait to get there and represent the title sponsor of the weekend, U.S. Cellular. The fans have played a huge part in designing the paint scheme of this No. 29 Toyota Camry. They were able to pick from three different schemes, so this car is really inspired by the fans. My crew chief Chris Rice has been one of the longest running driver-crew chief relationships of my career, so I know that we will be back in the swing of things quickly and I look so forward to it.”