DARLINGTON, S.C. (November 23, 2015) – Darlington Raceway is offering race fans the opportunity to purchase a special Black Friday ticket package for its Labor Day weekend events on Sept. 2-4, 2016.
The package includes a ticket to all three days of racing at the famed South Carolina track. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500 on Sunday, Sept. 4, NASCAR XFINITY Series VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 on Saturday, Sept. 3, and practice day on Friday, Sept. 2, are all included in the package.
Prices for the Black Friday ticket package start at $65 for all three days of racing. The offer is valid from midnight on Black Friday, Nov. 27 through midnight on Cyber Monday, Nov. 30, while supplies last.
Fans who attended NASCAR events at Darlington Raceway in 2015 have already received renewal opportunities and VIP benefit information via email. A 2016 renewal form will also be mailed to renewing customers in January.
“If you are looking for that perfect gift for the race fan in the family, our special Black Friday offer for Labor Day weekend is just the ticket,” Darlington Raceway President Chip Wile said. “This package guarantees your seats for all three days of racing at one of the most anticipated events of the 2016 season.”
The track saw a great deal of excitement with the return of its 2015 Bojangles’ Southern 500 to Labor Day weekend.
The track’s 2015 throwback campaign featured a celebration of the early 1970’s (1970-74) including the following highlights:
· 32 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race teams running throwback paint schemes for the Bojangles’ Southern 500
· Honoring 14 NASCAR Hall of Fame members at the Bojangles’ Legends Breakfast, including Cale Yarborough, Richard Petty, Rusty Wallace, Rex White, Dale Jarrett and Ned Jarrett, among others.
· 2016 NHOF inductee Terry Labonte serving as the Bojangles’ Southern 500 grand marshal.
· Unique food offerings from the early 1970’s – pimento cheese sandwiches, sausage perlo and fried green tomatoes.
· Pre-race concert by rock legends Grand Funk Railroad and National Anthem performance by Nashville recording artist Tanya Tucker.
· Return of the Southern 500 parade, which took place on Saturday night from downtown Darlington to the track.
As the Tradition Continues in 2016, Darlington Raceway’s Black Friday ticket offer ensures your appearance on Labor Day weekend in what will be another historical NASCAR throwback celebration.
“With the excitement of our 2016 throwback initiative, this is the best possible way for fans that missed this year’s activities to purchase tickets now before they go on sale to the public in February,” Wile said.
The Tradition Continues on Labor Day weekend as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bojangles’ Southern 500® is set for Sunday, Sept. 4, 2016. The NASCAR XFINITY Series VFW Sport Clips Help A Hero 200 will race on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2016. You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.
You can keep up with all of the latest news from Darlington Raceway at DarlingtonRaceway.com, on Facebook at Facebook.com/DarlingtonRaceway and on Twitter at Twitter.com/TooToughToTame.