CONCORD, N.C. (February 11, 2016) – Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR) announced today that DC Solar will return as the season-long partner on the No. 48 Chevy Camaro with Brennan Poole behind the wheel. Poole (24), will compete for the NASCAR XFINITY Series championship and Sunoco Rookie of the Year honors in 2016. Veteran XFINITY Series Crew Chief Chad Norris will lead the DC Solar sponsored team.
Poole shared seat time in 2015 with 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Rookie of the Year Kyle Larson and road-course specialist Justin Marks. The Woodlands, Texas native competed in 17 NASCAR XFINITY Series races in 2015, scoring two top-10s and 10 top-15 finishes.
Notes of Interest
- Return Engagement: The 2016 season will mark the second season in NASCAR competition for DC Solar.
- Sophomore Campaign: Poole will begin his championship bid in the 2016 XFINITY Series opener on Saturday, February 20 at the famed Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla. Poole has made 18 starts in two of the three NASCAR National Touring Series, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (one start) and NASCAR XFINITY Series (17 starts).
- Jeff Carpoff, President & CEO, DC Solar: “DC Solar is proud of how the 2015 season with Brennan and the entire team progressed. As a company we learned a lot about the sport and look forward to running for a championship in 2016.”
- Steve Lauletta, President, Chip Ganassi Racing Teams: “We are very excited to welcome DC Solar back for the full XFINITY Series schedule in 2016. It’s great to see the enthusiasm they have for our organization and the sport of NASCAR. We certainly look forward to supporting their continued use of the race program to promote their business. Brennan did a nice job after running a limited schedule in 2015 and we are excited to watch him battle as a full time XFINITY Series driver in 2016.”
- Brennan Poole, Driver No. 48 DC Solar Chevrolet Camaro: “It’s an honor and a dream to be able to compete full-time and race for a championship. A huge thank you goes to all the folks at DC Solar and CGR for giving me this great opportunity. I learned a lot competing in the XFINITY Series on a part-time basis in 2015, which I believe sets me up for an even better 2016.”