Fourth event of the NASCAR Pinty’s series: ICAR circuit – Ecko Unlimited 100
Trois-Rivieres (Québec, Canada), June 29th, 2016 – The ICAR circuit is synonymous with success for Louis-Philippe Dumoulin. Since 2011, he’s crossed the finish line in the top-5 and climbed the podium twice. The driver of the #47 Dodge WeatherTech Canada / Groupe Bellemare is determined to continue on this path.
Since the beginning of the season, the #47 WeatherTech Canada / Groupe Bellemare cars have been fast. As much in trial sessions as in qualifiers, Louis-Philippe Dumoulin ranks in the top-5 best lap times. His teammates are efficient and everything is in place to finish the race among the leaders.
“ICAR is a track where we need to ensure we’re properly calibrated. It’s a constant combination of quick and tight turns. We’ve been racing on this track for years and we know we can do well,” explains Louis-Philippe Dumoulin.
2016 signals the beginning of car prep for Dumoulin Compétition. Certain mechanical issues have slowed down the championship race for the #47 WeatherTech Canada / Groupe Bellemare driver. “With nine races to go out of twelve, we really believe anything is possible. We can demonstrate our strong performances on-track. The synergy among the team is present and we’re going forward,” shares a determined Louis-Philippe Dumoulin.
- Results ICAR Circuit – 5 top-5 / 5 seasons, including 2 podiums: 2015 4th / 2014 2nd – PODIUM / 2013 3rd – PODIUM / 2012 4th/ 2011 4th
- Qualifications – 2016 Season: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park: 5th / Sunset Speedway: 4th / Autodrome Chaudière: 3rd
- The weekend schedule can be found below and at http://hometracks.nascar.com/racedayschedule/nps-icar-7316-schedule
- Follow the race online at http://hometracks.nascar.com/nps/race-central-live-icar
- The race will be broadcast on TSN (1, 3 &4) on Saturday, July 9 at 5 p.m. as well as on RDS (TBD).
“Passion – Performance – Partnerships”
WeatherTech Canada designs, develops and produces high quality, digitally custom fit automotive accessories; including FloorLiners, All-Weather Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, TechLiners and No-Drill Mudflaps. Engineers use the newest technology available to measure the geometric complexity of the vehicle ensuring a constantly perfect fit. WeatherTech… Where Technology and All Weather Protection meet!
Groupe Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare’s innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! www.groupebellemare.com
WEBSITES / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Meet Louis-Philippe Dumoulin at www.weathertech.ca
- WeatherTech Canada: www.weathertech.ca/behindtech
- Groupe Bellemare: www.groupebellemare.com/
- F.X. Boisvert: www.fxboisvert.com
- Canadian Tire Motorsport Park: http://canadiantiremotorsportpark.com
- Dumoulin Compétition: www.dumoulincompetition.com
- NASCAR Pinty’s Series: http://hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
- Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @DumoulinLP / @jf_dumoulin
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition
Summary – Highlights in Louis-Philippe Dumoulin’s career
- In 2015, he finishes the NASCAR Pinty’s championship in fourth place (2 podiums and six top-5s in eleven events.)
- 2014 champion of the NASCAR Pinty’s series: 5 podiums and 2 victories, as well as 9 top-5s in eleven events. It is the first time that a team made up entirely of Quebecers wins this championship. (Prep. team: King Autosport, managed by Martin Roy).
- Won the Gilles Villeneuve Trophy in 2014 and 2001. This trophy symbolizes the fighting spirit and on-track excellence of a Quebec-native driver throughout the season that just ended. It is the first time that a recipient of the Trophy wins it twice throughout their career.
- Won, in 2013, the only Ontarian event to this day made up of an all-Quebecer podium (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – NCATS series);
- The only Canadian who climbed on the podium in 2012 during the prestigious event of the 12 hours of Sebring (2nd place – American Le Mans Series – GT3 Cup – WeatherTech Racing Team);
- Won the title of rookie of the year in 2011 in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series despite having only participated in 8 races out of 13 (scoring four top-10s and two top-5s);
- Crowned Canadian champion in Formula Ford 1600 in 2002;
- He still owns the record in Formule Ford 1600 for the highest amount of victories and pole positions in one season (2002).