Trois-Rivières (Québec, Canada), July 17th, 2016 – Jean-François Dumoulin was well on his way to his best qualifier lap so far, when a caution robbed him of the top-5. In eighth place on the starting grid of the Toronto Pinty’s Grand Prix, the driver of the #04 Dodge Spectra Premium/ Bernier Crépeau/ Groupe Bellemare/ MIA used strategy to defend his position. Despite the mechanical issues that occurred just before the mid-race point, Jean-François Dumoulin was able to score his third top-10 in as many races in 2016.
“The adjustments we made were interesting. Friday, during the qualifiers, I was about to showcase the full power of the #04 Spectra Premium/ Bernier Crépeau/ Groupe Bellemare/ MIA car, but an on-track incident occurred. In eighth place, on the outside of the track, there is very little wiggle room at the start of the race, especially on the Toronto track,” explains Jean-François Dumoulin.
Everything was going according to plan up until the gear of the #04 Dodge Spectra Premium/ Bernier Crépeau/ Groupe Bellemare/ MIA started slipping. This was due to an oil leak in the car’s transmission, and caused the cockpit of the car to fill up with smoke, strongly impacting visibility. “The series officials were just about to ask me to make a pit stop due to the oil leakage on the track. Thankfully, there was a yellow flag and the smoke dissipated quickly, though we still couldn’t recover the power we had over the first few laps,” mentions the driver of the #04 Spectra Premium/ Bernier Crépeau/ Groupe Bellemare/ MIA car.
With three events done out of six planned in his schedule, Jean-François Dumoulin will once again be on-track for the home event on the road circuit of the Trois-Rivières Grand Prix this upcoming August 13-14 weekend. Don’t miss it!
The great rally against cancer continues
What a show of generosity! The cause affects many people. The young and the old are touched by it, and both contribute in their own way to raise funds for the Quebec cancer foundation. Once again, this weekend, the fans have mobilized and covered the trunks of Jean-François and Louis-Philippe Dumoulin’s cars in signatures, raising another $800 (total so far: $1650).
Come see us on Saturday July 23rd (Edmonton) and Wednesday July 27th (Saskatoon).
- Race results below at: http://hometracks.nascar.com/node/14474
- The race will be broadcast on TSN (3/5) on Saturday, July 23 at 14:30 p.m. as well as on RDS on Friday, August 5th.
“Passion – Performance – Partnerships”
Spectra Premium Industries is a privately held company headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, Canada. Spectra Premium is a team of more than 1,300 dedicated employees that specializes in auto parts manufacturing and distribution. The Company owns and operates four manufacturing plants and 17 warehouses. With its international distribution networks and unparalleled customer and after sales service, Spectra Premium is the automobile manufacturers’, auto technicians’ and handymen’s choice for reliable, quality parts and automotive systems. Trust your vehicle to Spectra Premium. www.spectrapremium.com
Bernier Crepeau Chrysler Fiat: With 25 years of experience, the family business has built an enviable reputation in the field of vehicle acquisition. If the future of this company is linked to the loyalty of its customers, it is also held by the reliability and strong communication of its team. This team is at your disposal, ready to listen to you, to hear you. Passion, care, and determination. A team willing to go the extra mile, with its ears wide open. http://www.berniercrepeau.com/.
Group Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare’s innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! www.groupebellemare.com
MIA – Motorsports In Action: With over 50 years of combined Motorsport experience, MIA is making a name for itself in the industry in “La Belle Province”. Being trackside, situated at Autodrome St-Eustache, gives our clients “real time” results, testing their vehicles. One stop shopping is our strength, from high-end mechanics, exotic automotive maintenance, complete race car building and design to prestige paint and meticulous detailing. “Leave it, then enjoy it!” http://motorsportsinaction.com.
Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi is proud to be one of the first Mitsubishi dealers in Canada (opening in 2002). The commitment from Mitsubishi is defined by the quality, reliability and durability of its vehicles, notably with their 10-year warranty, the best in the industry! Pride, integrity and respect are the values of the Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi team. www.troisrivieresmitsubishi.com
FEATS AND HIGHLIGHTS – JEAN-FRANÇOIS DUMOULIN
- First podium in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series on May 17, 2015 (3rd place – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park)
- The first Quebec-born driver to win twice the Rolex 24 in Daytona; 2004 (SGS and 2007 (GT).
- Caught the attention of the renowned Player’s Driver Development Program scout (Formula Ford and Formula Atlantic), became one of the youngest drivers ever to be recruited, and was touted as a strong contender for the championship title in Formula Ford (1996 and 1997 seasons).
- Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge GS, USA in 2003 (9 podiums).
- Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sport Car Challenge ST, USA in 2002 (5 podiums).
- In Montreal’s 2009 edition of Nascar Nationwide, he finished his first race in 7th position aboard a badly damaged car and won the hearts of numerous fans and reporters.
- In 2000, he was the Motorola Cup Series Vice-Champion, during a season that included a 1st place podium finish after having begun the race in 52nd position at theMolson Indy event in Ontario, Canada.
- Spectra Premium : www.spectrapremium.com
- Bernier Crépeau Chrysler Fiat : www.berniercrepeau.com
- Groupe Bellemare : www.groupebellemare.com/
- MIA – Motorsports In Action : http://motorsportsinaction.com/
- Honda Indy Toronto : www.hondaindytoronto.com
- Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières : http://www.gp3r.com/
- Dumoulin Compétition : www.dumoulincompetition.com
- NASCAR Pinty’s Series: http://hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
- Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
- Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @jf_dumoulin / @DumoulinLP
- Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition