Antigonish, (Nova Scotia, Canada), August 21st, 2016 – Louis-Philippe Dumoulin used patience and strategy to defend his position with his legendary tenacity throughout the entire race on the oval track of the Riverside International Speedway yesterday. After a rocky start during which he avoided on-track incidents, the #47 WeatherTech Canada/ Groupe Bellemare team climbed onto the second step of the podium for the third time this season in the NASCAR Pinty’s series.
On the starting grid in fourth place, Louis-Philippe Dumoulin has once again demonstrated the range of his talent by confidently carving his way to the top-5 on the race’s 131st lap. He was then able to get to the front of the pack and remained among the leaders through the end of the 300-lap race.
“The powerful #47 WeatherTech Canada/ Groupe Bellemare car was ready for all 300 laps. The team has done excellent work in the pits, showing speed and efficiency. It was a battle of inches with Kennington, Lapcevich, and Hathaway in the last 50 laps. With a third podium this season, we’re continuing to climb the ranks and our sole objective is victory,” explains Louis-Philippe Dumoulin.
Don’t miss the race’s replay this upcoming Sunday, August 28. You’ll understand the excitement the team has felt throughout the race.
Tenth event of the season: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – September 3-4, 2016
This upcoming September 3-4 weekend, the #47 WeatherTech Canada / Groupe Bellemare team will be on-track at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park road circuit. This event is synonymous with success for Louis-Philippe Dumoulin.
- Race results at: http://hometracks.nascar.com/results/nps-riverside-82016-results
- The race will be broadcast on TSN on Sunday August 28th at 12:30 pm and on RDS2 on Friday September 16th at 6:30 pm.
“Passion – Performance – Partnerships”
WeatherTech Canada designs, develops and produces high quality, digitally custom fit automotive accessories; including FloorLiners, All-Weather Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, TechLiners and No-Drill Mudflaps. Engineers use the newest technology available to measure the geometric complexity of the vehicle ensuring a constantly perfect fit. WeatherTech… Where Technology and All Weather Protection meet! www.weathertech.ca
Groupe Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare’s innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! www.groupebellemare.com
WEBSITES / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Meet Louis-Philippe Dumoulin at www.weathertech.ca
- WeatherTech Canada: www.weathertech.ca/behindtech
- Groupe Bellemare: www.groupebellemare.com/
- Riverside International Speedway : http://riversidespeedway.ca/
- Canadian Tire Motorsport Park : http://canadiantiremotorsportpark.com/
- Fondation québécoise du cancer: www.cancerquebec.com
- Dumoulin Compétition: www.dumoulincompetition.com
- NASCAR Pinty’s Series: http://hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
- Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @DumoulinLP / @jf_dumoulin
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition
Summary – Highlights in Louis-Philippe Dumoulin’s career
- In 2015, he finishes the NASCAR Pinty’s championship in fourth place (2 podiums and six top-5s in eleven events.)
- 2014 champion of the NASCAR Pinty’s series: 5 podiums and 2 victories, as well as 9 top-5s in eleven events. It is the first time that a team made up entirely of Quebecers wins this championship. (Prep. team: King Autosport, managed by Martin Roy).
- Won the Gilles Villeneuve Trophy in 2014 and 2001. This trophy symbolizes the fighting spirit and on-track excellence of a Quebec-native driver throughout the season that just ended.It is the first time that a recipient of the Trophy wins it twice throughout their career.
- Won, in 2013, the only Ontarian event to this day made up of an all-Quebecer podium (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – NCATS series);
- The only Canadian who climbed on the podium in 2012 during the prestigious event of the 12 hours of Sebring (2nd place – American Le Mans Series – GT3 Cup – WeatherTech Racing Team);
- Won the title of rookie of the year in 2011 in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series despite having only participated in 8 races out of 13 (scoring four top-10s and two top-5s);
- Crowned Canadian champion in Formula Ford 1600 in 2002;
- He still owns the record in Formule Ford 1600 for the highest amount of victories and pole positions in one season (2002).