Trois-Rivières, (Québec, Canada), August 31st, 2016 – Louis-Philippe Dumoulin is about to take part in the last road circuit event of the year, which will occur on September 3 and 4 on the track of the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, Bowmanville, Ontario. In fourth place in the overall driver rankings, nothing can hurt the determination of the #47 WeatherTech Canada/ Groupe Bellemare team to climb the highest step of the podium this weekend.
“We’ve had many problems with the road circuit car, and had to make major adjustments since the beginning of the season. This weekend, we’re here to concretize the exemplary work of the crew, who are all just as motivated to win. This is also our goal for the remaining three races,” explains the driver of the #47 WeatherTech Canada/ Groupe Bellemare car.
The Canadian Tire Motorsport Park circuit (CTMP) is a sign of success for Louis-Philippe Dumoulin, and he knows how important the pit stop strategy is: “The CTMP is a very, very fast circuit. We have to take advantage of the car’s momentum as everything happens at such a high speed. It’s the kind of circuit I really appreciate. The audience is always in for quite a show while drivers are in for a challenge,” he explains with enthusiasm.
With three events left to conquer, one on road circuit and two on oval tracks (St-Eustache, Sept. 10 and Kawartha, Sept. 17), the driver of the #47 WeatherTech Canada/ Groupe Bellemare car looks back at the first ninth races: “Five starts out of ten were in the top-5, and we managed four top-5 finishes, including 3 podiums on oval circuit. The WeatherTech Canada/ Groupe Bellemare car can perform, and we’ll fight to stay ahead,” mentions a determined Louis-Philippe Dumoulin.
Save the date: September 19 – One-night-waiter happy hour
The Dumoulin Compétition Great Romp for the Quebec Cancer Foundation will continue this weekend. Let’s fight together against cancer, as each gesture is one step closer to the podium. Save the date: This upcoming September 19, “La Maison de débauche par le Carlito” will host the one-night-only happy hour event where the Dumoulin brothers’ car trunks will be put up for auction. All funds raised will go to the Foundation. Come join us, many surprises await!
- Weekend schedule available on page 3, below, and at http://hometracks.nascar.com/racedayschedule/nps-ctmp-9416-schedule
- Follow the race online at http://hometracks.nascar.com/nps/race-central-live-ctmp
- The race will be broadcast on TSN 2 on Sunday, Sept. 11 at 2 p.m. and on RDS 2 on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 7 p.m.
“Passion – Performance – Partnerships”
WeatherTech Canada designs, develops and produces high quality, digitally custom fit automotive accessories; including FloorLiners, All-Weather Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, TechLiners and No-Drill Mudflaps. Engineers use the newest technology available to measure the geometric complexity of the vehicle ensuring a constantly perfect fit. WeatherTech… Where Technology and All Weather Protection meet! www.weathertech.ca
Groupe Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare’s innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! www.groupebellemare.com
WEBSITES / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Meet Louis-Philippe Dumoulin at www.weathertech.ca
- WeatherTech Canada: www.weathertech.ca/behindtech
- Groupe Bellemare: www.groupebellemare.com/
- Canadian Tire Motorsport Park : http://canadiantiremotorsportpark.com/
- Autodrome St-Eustache : https://autodrome.ca
- Kawartha Downs and Speedway : http://buff.ly/2bvBgeS
- Fondation québécoise du cancer: www.cancerquebec.com
- Dumoulin Compétition: www.dumoulincompetition.com
- NASCAR Pinty’s Series: http://hometracks.nascar.com/series/pintys-series
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dumoulincompetition
- Twitter: @DumoulinDC / @DumoulinLP / @jf_dumoulin
- Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/dumoulincompetition
Summary – Highlights in Louis-Philippe Dumoulin’s career
- In 2015, he finishes the NASCAR Pinty’s championship in fourth place (2 podiums and six top-5s in eleven events.)
- 2014 champion of the NASCAR Pinty’s series: 5 podiums and 2 victories, as well as 9 top-5s in eleven events. It is the first time that a team made up entirely of Quebecers wins this championship. (Prep. team: King Autosport, managed by Martin Roy).
- Won the Gilles Villeneuve Trophy in 2014 and 2001. This trophy symbolizes the fighting spirit and on-track excellence of a Quebec-native driver throughout the season that just ended. It is the first time that a recipient of the Trophy wins it twice throughout their career.
- Won, in 2013, the only Ontarian event to this day made up of an all-Quebecer podium (Canadian Tire Motorsport Park – NCATS series);
- The only Canadian who climbed on the podium in 2012 during the prestigious event of the 12 hours of Sebring (2nd place – American Le Mans Series – GT3 Cup – WeatherTech Racing Team);
- Won the title of rookie of the year in 2011 in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series despite having only participated in 8 races out of 13 (scoring four top-10s and two top-5s);
- Crowned Canadian champion in Formula Ford 1600 in 2002;
- He still owns the record in Formule Ford 1600 for the highest amount of victories and pole positions in one season (2002).